Ajyal Association for Creativity and Development is a Palestinian nongovernmental organization firstly established in 2003 and registered at the Ministry of Interior, no.7329. It mainly aims to contribute in the Palestinian society development through implementing a variety of programs and developing projects. It seeks likewise to develop the concepts of community work according to a vision suits our society needs and to increase the targeted groups awareness and perception to contribute in a real development process to ultimately enhance and develop our society abilities. Ajyal works on four main programs: (Youth, child, woman and humanitarian support).
Catholic Relief Services CRS and Ajyal Association for Creativity and Development will be creating Child Friendly Community Centers in Gaza City. They will target children live in the border areas, which affected from 2014 conflict. The aim of Child Friendly Community Centers is to provide a safe and structured space for children to regain a sense of normality by taking part in regular recreational and cultural activities. This also allows children to improve their emotional, resilience and psychological wellbeing. Activities might include games, life skills, health education, sports, music, art and drama. As well, the centers will target the caregivers of the children and provide them with PSS sessions in order to develop their resilience and wellbeing. AACD
is recruiting candidates for the following position; we welcome all applications from qualified and motivated men and women.
Position Title: CFCC Supervisor
Number of positions: 4
Geographic Scope: Child Friendly Community Centers, Gaza City
Period: 7 months with possibility of extension for 3 years.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Reports to: CFCC Project Coordinator (Direct) and Executive Director (Indirect)
Supervisory Responsibilities: Animators. Key Responsibilities:
• Supervise the daily registration of children by animators.
• Supervise the animators in the CFCCs locations and ensure that activities are implemented in an appropriate manner.
• Ensure a safe and CFCCs atmosphere in the Child Friendly Community Centre.
• Ensure that children feel comfortable, safe, and respected.
• Be a positive role model to the children.
• Ensure adherence to the Child Protection Policy and reporting procedures.
• High skills for intervention with children and the community in times of crisis and emergency.
• Ensure the participation of all groups of children, especially children who are the most vulnerable
• Ensure that equipment inventories are up to date and that replacement needs are highlighted.
• Ensure that health and safety regulations followed and that health and safety incidents are logged
• Assist the animators in solving problems arising in the CFCCs.
• Assist the animators in working with children to develop new, creative activities as appropriate.
• Assist the animators in planning weekly schedules.
• Assist the animators in conducting parents’ and community meetings.
• Screen for and monitor protection needs and gaps in and around the CFCCs .
• Responsible for receiving feedback from the children and logging all feedback.
• Coordinating and networking with CBOs, local organizations and other actors.
• Compliance to the policies and regulations of the partner, CRS and Do nor