With a humanitarian INGO
Islamic Relief is a humanitarian INGO (www.irpal.ps)operating
in Palestine in the fields of emergency relief and development. Islamic Relief announces the following vacancy for its office in Gaza.
Title:Enhancing Youth Employability (EYE) Project Coordinator
Location: Gaza Office.
Duration:6 months (renewable) - full time
Deadline:Monday, 04 January 2016.
· Responsible for project planning, and scheduling
· Responsible for coordinating the project implementation with the organization supporting departments including procurement, communication and finance, in adherence to the organization policies and practices, and guided by IRPAL vision and the projects goals towards achieving the anticipated results.
· Responsible for coordinating and participating in relevant technical committees.
· Responsible for managing of activity-based staff including recruitment, motivation, development and appraisal.
· Ensure projects documentation and visibility in collaboration with communication department through photos, videos, case studies and other special reports.
· Communicating projects results and bottlenecks.
· Responsible for producing results-based reports as per the donors' and IR requirements.
· Participate in selection of local partners (where applicable) and supervise the projects implementation by partner(s) and give expertise and guidance to partners according to IRPAL policies and procedures and ensure empowering local community through transferring systems, knowledge and skills.
· Oversee the design, implementation and evaluation of competency-based curricula for the TVET occupations
· Ensure that all curricula are designed to a pre-specified uniform format
· Contribute to the preparation of annual work plans and monthly/quarterly progress reports in a timely and quality manner
· Prepare papers for and make presentations to the Project Advisory Committee as required in a timely and quality manner
· Ensure that all related activities are carried out to the highest quality standards within agreed timelines and budgets.
· Professionally represent the IRPAL TVET Unit when dealing with TVET institutions and all stakeholders
· Monitoring the project budget and controlling expenditure in consultation with project manager.
Candidates must possess the following competencies:
· University degree in engineering, business administration, project management, or related field.
· Minimum 4 years of proven project management working experience in the field of TVET and livelihoods in INGOs, with solid background about developmental context in Palestine in general and Gaza Strip in particular.
· Fluency in English and Arabic (written and spoken).
· High report writing skills. And ability to prepare work plan.
· Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
· Very good supervision and follow up skills
· Very good reporting abilities
· Interpersonal skills and good communication skills.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunity employer
How to apply
1- Interested applicants may get Job Application Form from this link: http://irpal.ps/irpal/files/app
2- Applications must be completed and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
no later than Monday, 04 January 2016.
Important notes to applicants:
CVs are not accepted as an application but can be attached with the application.
Only candidates possessing relevant experience will be short listed.
Applicant should write the position title in the email subject.
Electronic applications returned to an email address other than the one above will not be considered.
Incomplete applications will not be given consideration.