Media & Communications Officer
Arab Medical Union – Palestine office is an International NGO started its works in Palestine since 2006, since then, AMU is playing a significant role in helping and supporting the Palestinian health sector all times and during crises. Arab Medical Union – Palestine is seeking a Media & Communications officer who disseminates information of general and news worthy interest to the news media, public officials and the general public.
Duration: One year with possibility of extension.
Key specific Tasks:
· Develop and maintain relationships with journalists and media outlets
· Develop, implement and evaluate AMUPAL’s media strategy.
· Monitor daily media and advise on reactive media opportunities
· Develop proactive media opportunities in consultation with AMUPAL programs
· Write and distribute media releases
· Lead production of AMUPAL’s communication materials including the AMUPAL's newsletter, Bulletins, brochures and promotional materials as well as video spots.
· Develop and implement AMUPAL's strategies campaigns, in consultation with the Office Manager
· Maintain oversight of AMUPAL’s website, including updating relevant information
· Develop, implement and evaluate AMUPAL’s social media strategy in consultation with the Office Manager
· Develop online communication materials including video content
1. University degree in Public Relations, Journalism or a related field.
2. Extensive experience in copywriting and proofreading within a Public Relations, Journalism or Communications role.
3. Extensive and proven experience in designing promotion and media materials including but not limited to video content, flyers and banners
4. Previous experience in media relations and a track record in securing media coverage.
5. Experience in online communications including: developing and implementing online strategies and maintaining websites.
6. Demonstrated ability to work independently and flexibly, as well as cooperatively as part of a team.
7. Demonstrated ability to organize work, manage time, determine priorities and meet deadlines particularly under stress and crises.
8. Commitment to Child protection and the mission and vision of AMUPAL
9. Fluent in English.
How to apply
Persons who are interested should fill in the application which can be found with a detailed job description on www.amupal.org . Applications close 3pm, Monday 21 September 2015 and can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any enquiries about the role contact: AMUPAL on 08- 2889095 or email@example.com