1. Match group "A" with “B":
a- Where are you from? ( ) He is Sameer.
b- How are you? ( ) I am from Palestine.
c- Do you like Gaza? ( ) I'm fine thanks.
d- What's your teacher's name? ( ) Yes, I do.
3. Complete from the list.
Certainly Excuse me turn way along Is there
Sameer: Can I help you, sir?
Tourist: ________________. ________________a craft shop near here?
Tourist: Can you tell me the _____________ to it please?
Sameer: ______________. Go ____________ this road, then ___________left, it is on the corner. It is next to the post office
Tourist: Thank you very much.
Read the following passage carefully then answer the questions that follow:
Hebron is well-known for its beautiful glass vases. However, few people know that the industry now uses recycled glass.
Glass-blowing was invented in this region several thousand years ago. There has been a glass industry in Hebron for over 600 years. In the past, the glass was made from sand and soda ash. Nowadays, most of it is made from old bottles and broken glass.
The modern way to make glass in Hebron helps the environment in three ways. a), waste glass is collected and recycled. It doesn’t pollute the environment. b) New resources aren’t needed to make the glass. c) Broken glass becomes liquid at a lower temperature than sand
a. What is Hebron well-known for? __________________________________¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬-_____________
b. How old is the Hebron glass-blowing industry? ___________________________________
2. Decide whether each of the following is True or False:
a. Glass in Hebron used to be made from sand and soda ash ( )
b. Glass in Hebron is still made from sand and soda ash. ( )
3. What does the underlined pronoun 'its' line (1): ___________________
a. In the past, glass was made from __________________________________
b Broken glass becomes liquid at a lower temperature than _________________
5. What does the following number refer to? 600: _____________________
6. Find a word that means “famous”: _________________________
7. Find the opposite of “old” ______________________
5. Complete the sentences from the list.
Experiment gifts natural approach resources visitors .
1- Many ___________________ come to Jerusalem to pray.
2- Water, land and fuel are __________________resources.
3- We always do ________________ in the science lesson.
4- Iraq is rich in natural __________________such as oil.
5- Reduce, reuse, and recycle are 3Rs _________________
6. Tourist always buy ________________ from Jerusalem
6. Choose the correct answer:
a.Pollution ------------[ is caused caused causes ] by rich countries
b.Many different languages-----------[ is spoken are spoken was spoken ] in Europe
c.My brother ………… ( opened was opened is opened ) the window yesterday.
d.Glass is made ………. ( with of at ) sand.
7. Complete the sentences with (who) or (which).
1. The bag _____________I bought is brown.
2. My grandfather _______________is sixty years old is very strong.
8. Make new words by adding or / er.
a. dance: ____________ b. visit : ___________c. play tennis: _______________
10. Complete with (was) or (were).
a. This book ____________ brought from Jordan
b. The students ___________ given the books yesterday.
c. This wonderful cake ____________made by my mother.